Friday, July 12, 2013

USS Constitution - Preparing the Gun Deck

The gun deck in this kit is delivered as three plastic pieces:



The assembly instructions recommend to handle each piece separately. However, considering my past experience with the same kit, I avoided this. The reason is very simple: the plastic pieces will not align well, and the deck will look broken. Considering this, I glued all three pieces together, so I can obtain one (almost) smooth deck.

I assumed that gluing only the small edge will not be resistant enough, so I glued some additional  plastic pieces on the back of the deck, for stronger bond:


To make sure the deck pieces are well aligned, I used some metal helpers on the upper side of the deck:


After waiting for the glue to dry, I applied the same process for the remaining deck part:


Next step was, of course, painting the upper side:



No comments:

Post a Comment